Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Banana Fish!

Banana Fish is so cool! I havn't had a chance to get into the new anime of Banana Fish until now, but have listened to the soundtrack a few times in the past because it is just so good and I've had a big backlog so I'm glad I had a change to get into it for real now and experience the soundtrack with the actual show. This anime was super different for me to watch as I havn't watched much anime that isn't fantasy etc. or set in a city for that matter (apart from seasonal slice of life etc. stuff that just isn't the same thematically and stylistically) apart from maybe Kekkai Sensen which... is absolutely no where near what Banana Fish is at all but still set in NY.  Taking place in New York was a bit jarring for me and I think the only anime I can think of with this realistic style was BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad but even that is no where near what Banana Fish is even about. It's just different. Different actually to a degree where it was hard for me to keep with it for some reason. For some reason I liked it, but couldn't really get into it. I think maybe if I come back to it a few years later I'll be able to love it a lot, but it just didn't click with me for some reason and I want to give it another chance later on in life. Maybe listening to the OST beforehand a lot made me tired of it instead of hyping me up for it? I honestly have never felt this before with media and I'm stumped as to why. I usually like shōjo manga but man this was different.  I might just need another pass at Banana Fish because I really wanted to like it. Maybe it was the setting? Not sure. Definitely hit me in the feels though.


Related image

No comments:

Post a Comment